Library Update Regarding Programs and Services
Posted on Sunday March 15, 2020 at 01:01PM
At the top of our minds is the COVID-19 virus. Like many organizations, the Lac La Biche County Library Board is focused on the health and safety of our customers and staff.
We have worked to prepare for and respond to the evolving situation, and to mitigate the risk of this virus and its’ impact. Referencing the official guidelines from Alberta Health Services, we have undertaken numerous steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
As of Tuesday, March 17th the following changes will be implemented:
• Outreach visits to daycares, schools, seniors’ homes and other partner organizations are cancelled until May 1st.
• Regular family programs such as STEAMpunkery are cancelled until Tuesday, April 14th.
• We will consult with our preschool programming partners LLB Parent Link and Alberta Health Services and inform parents of any schedule changes.
• Only one study room will be available for use and it will be sanitized between each use.
• Staff will continue to encourage social distancing.
• We have already increased the frequency and intensity of our sanitation procedures in public and staff areas, which includes disinfecting technology such as computers between users, plus the cleaning of furniture and equipment throughout the day.
• We have a number of hand sanitization stations available throughout the facility, including one in the entryway and encourage all visitors to make use of them.
• All toys including puppets, LEGO and Duplo will be removed from the children’s play area.
• Access to the Virtual Reality system, in-house board games, scrapbooking materials and audio recording studio is suspended until further notice. Access to the Wii and X-Box will continue. Controllers will be sanitized after each use.
• Access to our circulating games and kits will be limited to one item per library member and upon return these items will be sanitized as normal but not re-shelved until a 7-day waiting period has passed.
• All returned books will be checked-in but will undergo a 3-day waiting period before being shelved.
• All volunteer placements including work experience placements are suspended until further notice.
• Membership renewals and extensions on current loans may be arranged by calling the main branch at 780-623-7467.
• We encourage Lac La Biche County Residents that do not have a library card to use our online membership form. We are temporarily waiving the in-person address check qualification until further notice.
At this time, both branches of the Lac La Biche County Libraries will remain open during regular hours. Any changes to service will be shared on our social media channels and posted on our website.
If you are unable to visit your local branch; explore our digital resources where you can stream music and movies, take an online course, check out an audiobook or eBook, browse magazines and much more. Call our main branch for any assistance you may need in making use of these resources.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this time.
For more information regarding COVID-19 please visit the Alberta Health Services website where they have now included an Online Screening Tool.
Author: Lac La Biche County Libraries
Comment on our article:
Posts By Date
- Library Programs
- RighT at Home – Growing Things
- Curbside Pickup – Starting June 1st
- What's Going on at LLBCL – May 25th Edition
- RighT at Home – Happy Birthday
- What's Going on at LLBCL – May 19th Edition
- RighT at Home - On the Water
- What's Going on at LLBCL – May 11th Edition
- RighT at Home – Sound and Music